Make Water Your Primary Beverage Drink water with every meal, but challenge yourself to drink more! Bake, Grill, or Steam Instead of frying your food, try different methods that will preserve the nutrition. Eliminate Trans Fats Try to stay away from packaged foods in grocery markets and fast food products that aren’t freshly made. Limit Salt and Sugar Decrease your intake overtime to lessen your cravings. Eat Complex Carbs Instead of Simple Some examples of complex carbs include sweet potatoes, whole-grain, whole wheat, brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, barley, black beans, broccoli Reach For Whole Foods Try to cook with whole foods that don’t have a long list of ingredients. Use Pure Seasonings Instead of Mixed Mixed seasonings usually contain a lot of salt, so try creating your own blends! Experiment With New Recipes You will enjoy your food a lot more when you create it yourself because you will now exactly what's in it. This also allows you to customize it to your own liking. Strive To Eat Protein During Every Meal It doesn’t matter if you are trying to lose weight, gain muscle, or maintain your current state. Protein is essential for your muscles, bones, blood, skin, and cartilage. Follow the 80/20 Rule Eat well 80% of the time (typically during the week), so you can have some fun during the remaining 20% (during the weekend)!